The story of Common Ground is a story of both death and life. Early in 2006, the congregation formerly known as Central Christian Church closed its doors to pass on their assets and create a legacy. Approximately three acres of land and church building on the corner of Martin Luther King and North Boulevard were given to Stadia: New Church Strategies and Florida Church Planters to start a new work.
- In August of 2006, the leadership team recruited a new Lead Pastor. Recruiting the new pastor signified the new direction and dream of a multi-ethnic work for the heart of the city.
- In January of 2007, founding Lead Pastor Danny Schaffner and his family moved to Tampa. From this time on the goals were to remodel the facility, recruit a multi-ethnic team, and begin making relationships with the local community.
- On September 9, 2007, Common Ground Christian Church officially opened the doors. Over 250 people came to see what this church would be.
- In January of 2014, the church extended the call to Pastor Bruce Humphrey as interim Pastor. On July 20, 2014, the congregation voted on Bruce Humphrey to be Common Ground's Lead Pastor.
- Today Common Ground is a young, vibrant church. People from every walk of life call Common Ground their home, and we would be glad to have you as our guest.