What To Expect On Sunday
People who have attended Common Ground use words like "creative, fun, and encouraging" to describe their experiences. If you come, you will find a progressive worship style with a mix of hymns and choruses. We love to use media in all forms and you might even hear a song from your radio. Our teaching is authentic and connective. Most of all, our people make the difference.
People from every walk of life make this their home. Though we are from different ethnic, economic, and personal backgrounds, we find Common Ground when we come together.
Coming to a new church can be intimidating. Here are a few tips to help you and your experience with us at Common Ground:
- Come as you are: We are not about fashion. We are about you. How can we serve you and how can you become a part of what God is doing in Tampa? These are the concerns of our church.
- Come expecting: We believe church should be about Jesus, our lives, and the world of which we are a part. This means our Sunday morning looks like a day of our lives and has relevance there. From our children to adults, we want to represent the change that comes from knowing Jesus - a change that is vibrant and full of life. And why shouldn't church be vibrant? You can expect anything and everything of our world to be a part of our services. You may hear a song from the radio, see a clip from last week's TV episode, or a story from a local event. All of it comes from the perspective of what God is doing through history, the Bible, and His people.
- Get to know us: As you enter the building you will notice our coffee cafe. Take time to grab a drink, a light snack, and a seat next to someone. We try to create a casual environment where neighbors can become friends.
- Ask questions: Your questions are welcome here. We are all searching to know God more through the Bible and living out our faith. We don't have all the answers, but we can share what we have learned. If we can't help you, we will help you find what you are looking for. One of the best ways our people ask questions is through groups. Through a community group or ministry team, we all learn together. So find a group and ask away!
Other important info for you:
- Our current worship service is at 10 am.
- We provide Children's Ministry for all kids, birth through 5th grade, during service.
- We offer communion every Sunday to any believer in Christ's sacrifice for us.
- The cafe is open to everyone before service.
- For more information, contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.