Through passages like John 13 and John 17, we see a unique testimony that God’s people collectively give for the Gospel. For us, this means that the church must not just gather for worship and scatter for mission as individuals. We must gather for worship AND gather for purpose.
Practically, to embody the church in unique cultures in our city and be effectively mobilized for mission to our ENTIRE city, this means that we must have smaller, active communities who are uniquely expressing the gospel in their neighborhoods, workplaces, and networks of people. This is why it is important to be sharing life with other people in our Community groups.
If you’d like to join a Community Group for weekly Bible study, please mark “Community Group” on your Connection Card and place it in the offering plate.
Here are the groups, locations, and their leaders:
1) TUESDAYS 6:30 pm – Bruce Humphrey, Harris Park area of St. Petersburg
2) WEDNESDAYS 6:30 pm – Jim & Tammy Smith, Riverside Hts., Tampa
3) THURSDAYS 6:30 pm – Harden/Buckenham, Common Ground, continuing our study of the book of Acts
We are gathering at 11:30 am on Sunday, the second Sunday of the month in the Heights Room following our Sunday morning gathering time for lunch and study.
We are gathering at 11:30 am on the second Sunday of the month the Elementary Room following our Sunday morning gathering time for lunch and study.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Throughout the year we have these other groups that meet as well:
- Financial Peace University is a 9-week financial management course that will meet at Common Ground at 9 am on Sunday mornings. There is a cost for the curriculum and workbook, but this is a fantastic investment in your household’s financial future.
- Women Serving Women is our women's ministry that provides opportunities to serve, play and grow together as women.
- Discover Common Ground is our membership/ partnership class that describes who we are as a church and what it means to "sharing the Love of Jesus."
For more information about our groups, click here to send an e-mail.